Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Sad Goodby

Unfortunately I flew to Portland on January 19th. I was going to see my dad and to see my step-mother one last time. My plane departed from SLC at 8:00 a.m and I landed in Portland at 9:00 a.m. their time. When my sister and brother arrived to pick me up it was with solemn news. Virginia passed away while I was still in the air trying to get to see her. I guess that would explain why I just couldn't relax the entire flight. I was going home to Portland and she was going home to Jesus. It was very difficult knowing that I missed saying goodby by an hour, but it was one less hour that she was in pain. Our family is greatful that her suffering is over. The last week was very difficult for her and for dad and her children. Dad is doing better every day. He is going to church and has accepted some dinners out with old friends. He seems to be gaining more energy every week. He's looking forward to going fishing a lot this Spring and Summer. He tries to go see his brother and sister-in-law weekly who have recently been moved into an assisted living/retirement home. That has been a tough emotional issue for my dad, but he's promised Uncle Jim they will go fishing all the time this year. They are both looking forward to it. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Soo sorry to hear that. :( Losing a loved one is always hard.

Moon Light said...

praying for you all and your dad often!!

hugs,

susie